Call for abstracts
The theme of the 4IPGC conference is Earth Science – Global Practice
Technical Sessions are planned covering the following broad theme topics:
- Earth Science – Global Practice
- Securities and Other Public Reporting – Global Perspective
- Geohazards – Keeping the Public Safe
- Geoscience Practice – Environmental Responsibility
- Practice Skills, Competencies and Capacity for Sustaining a Global Profession – Part I
- Practice Skills, Competencies and Capacity for Sustaining a Global Profession – Part II
- Geoscience in an Interdisciplinary World
- Serving Society – Effective Public Engagement
Papers are invited that focus on any of the above theme sessions topics. Papers are also encouraged covering other topics considered of interest to those attending this important four yearly gathering of the geoscience profession.
All abstracts must be submitted using the Submit Online feature available through the conference website, where additional information on Instructions to Presenters and Abstract Submissions Terms and Conditions are also provided.
The Deadline for the Submission of Abstracts is August 15, 2011
4IPGC will take place in Vancouver, Canada, January 22-24, 2012. By special arrangement with AME BC (Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia), 4IPGC will coincide with Mineral Exploration Roundup 2012.
Please visit www.4ipgc.ca to find out about the conference, the venue, travel and hotel accommodation, plans for the Technical Program and lots more. The website also contains direct links to information about AME BC and Exploration Roundup. The conference website will continue to be expanded and updated as the event approaches.
Register Online facilities are expected to open in September-October 2011.
In the meantime, Special event hotel accommodation at preferred rates at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel (the conference venue hotel) is already open. Those planning to attend 4IPGC are encouraged to make their hotel reservations early.
Click here to e-mail