An isotopic and palynological approach to reconstructing South African palaeoenvironments over the past three million years:
- Produce a reconstruction of South African vegetation change over the past three million years.
- Test the hypothesis that similar orbital forcing patterns produce similar vegetation and/or regional climatic effects.
- Training in the preparation and measurement of pollen and calcite stable isotopes from marine sediment cores.
Utilising stable and radiogenic Sr isotopes to unravel palaeohydrologic changes in the Altiplano
- Fieldwork in Bolivia
- Examination of modern and past environments
- Training in analytical geochemistry: trace element and isotope geochemistry
- Unravel the links between tropical ecosystems, the hydrological cycle and climate change
CLOSING DATE 31ST JANUARY 2012
For further details on the projects visit:
For further details on the department and application visit: